Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yoo Hoo!

One of my least favorite people in the world, John Yoo, is making news again. The Daily Beast ran this piece yesterday about a potential new development in the torture memo saga.
(Hat tip: Sullivan, again.)

The money quote:
It is widely suspected that the Yoo memos were requested as after-the-fact legal cover for draconian policies that were already in place (“CYA memos”). If the Justice Department internal probe concludes this is the case, that could have clear consequences for the current debate surrounding the Bush administration’s accountability for torture.

Don't tease me. I would love it if this yahoo got his license revoked and did some jail time. I'm not holding my breathe, but it would really make me happy. Or even better, he pleads out and turns in the goods on Cheney & Co. Ooh...

No comments: