Friday, January 9, 2009

Impeached!

Yes! Today the the IL House voted (114 - 1!) to impeach our beloved (cough, hack, puke) Governor Dill-Rod.

The New York Times reports: Representative Jack D. Franks, a Democrat who was also on the panel, added, "It's our duty to clean up this mess and stop the freak show that has become government in Illinois...I believe we're finally doing what we should have done a long time ago," Mr. Franks said later during the deliberations. "We're doing the right thing. I know it's hard. It's unprecedented. It's uncharted territory. But I can't think of a more important thing we've done in this body."

I concur -- and yes, he really said 'freak show'. I love it.

Now, if we could only get this done on the federal level...war crimes anyone?

Bonus -- check out Blago's subsequent presser...he's not right. Serious whack job.

No comments: