Thursday, November 5, 2009

November

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Excuses? The usual: busy, lazy, not-focused, didn't have anything pertinent to say...

Politically, my feelings have been all over the map. I wanted to post extensively on the health care debate many times, but find I'm happy I didn't. We're going to get a plan - something of a compromise, but still a solid basis to build on (which will take years). I wonder if the public option would cover a psychiatrist so I can work on not being addicted to the talking heads spin cycle?

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of when Obama was elected president. Everyone, yes Everyone, wrote an opinion piece spinning it in their direction. I think he's doing fine. Yes, there are things I wish he would speed it up on and things I disagree with, but I don't think any rational person (not on a payroll to spin right) could say we are in a worse position than we were a year ago. Well, I guess they would bring up the deficit which we will need to deal with shortly, but first we need to fix stuff.

I still get upset with all the hate and negativity spewing forth. I try to limit what I read, but it still seeps through everywhere. Why is it those are always the loudest voices?

No comments: