Monday, November 30, 2009

Danger-prone Daphne





...is alive and well and living in me!

For Thanksgiving, Mark & I drove out to Homewood to spend the day at Leigh and Doug's house. I made a pumpkin pie and homemade whipped cream! On the way into the house, I slipped on the wood deck and almost bit the dust. Thank goodness for that fence or I would've ended up in a pile in the grass on top of the pie. With no grace what's-so-ever, I somehow saved the pie from getting completely smashed (although since I used organic and 2% milk it didn't set right and was a bust anyway). Crisis averted!

Mark was making the stuffing and I offered to help prep. Doug sharpened all the knives and I chopped onion, celery and leeks. Next - on to chopping the potatoes! We were all in the kitchen having fun. I came really close to cutting my finger and was in the middle of declaring as much when I actually did cut my finger. Yipes! I hate when that happens. I'm a chicken when it comes to blood - especially my own. So I grabbed my finger and jumped up to run to the sink and immediately smashed my face into the metal bar on the bottom of the cabinet. Classy!

After a few minutes of trying to stop the bleeding and not pass out, I recovered enough to enjoy the rest of the evening (with lots of wine). My finger is healing nicely -- although I must say that normal activities like curling eyelashes, tying shoes or texting become difficult without two functional opposing thumbs). Not sure if the bridge of my nose is broken or not...what's a girl to do?

1 comment:

michael montgomery said...

pie 2 the face would have been damn funny!