Friday, November 9, 2007

PMS!!!

I am suffering from PMS. Politically-induced Mental Stress.

Governor Strickland (D-Ohio) today endorsed Hillary Clinton for the presidency. This is somewhat of a coup for Hillary as Ohio has 20 electoral votes and is a crucial swing state. What bothers me is why. Aside from rumors that she may pick him as her running mate, Strickland was quoted in USA Today as saying she "is the one who can win". The NYTimes also states that in a phone interview he "vouched for her electability".

That pisses me off. Shouldn't the primary be about voting for who you really want? Everyone should vote for the candidate that most closely adheres to your beliefs. The one that you honestly believe has your personal best interests and hopes at heart. We should not be voting for who can "get elected" at this stage. That is what the general election is for.

If you think Kucinich, or Biden, or Dodd (notice I didn't mention any Republicans) is your guy, go for it. If you like Hillary for other reasons, fine by me, but don't waste your precious vote on someone because everyone is saying that's your best chance. Not now. There is way too much at stake.

I'm an Obama girl. I'm not telling you to vote for him. (I wish you would, but I'm not.) I'm asking each and every one of you to make a heartfelt, informed (by personal research, not what the media or campaign strategists are telling you to believe) decision and vote for who you think will do the best work for our country.

Oy, I think my head may explode before the primary.

No comments: